Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2022Last update

A nice DBA Sunday morning

Today Michele and I played a DBA game before he left for holidays in Southern Italy. Just to stay on the topic, we had on board Nikephorian Byzantines vs East Frankish, so probably our battle could have taken place in Southern Italy too.

He chose to deploy 4 elements of 8 Bw and the double element 6 Kn. My only choice was about 7 Hd and Ps, and I mixed deploying one of each.

The initial situation. Terrain features are an hamlet near the centre of the board, a plough (which we eventually took of because we throw 2 on the first PIP) and a wood

The main battle begun on my right side, because Michele chose to advance with his Cv elements and I went on confronting them with my Kn. On the centre we carefully moved on ready to fight (my men feared the dreadful arrows of Byz 8 Bw

The two cavalry fronts made contact and started a long fight which went on for a couple of turns. Even if Kn are stronger than Cv vs mounted elements, Byz fought very well, using the Ps element in the hamlet to close the door on the enemy. Eventually I two Kn and Michele two Cv

The end of the match! Throwing away every caution (by his own admission) Michele charged with the 6 Kn, exposing himself to my Gen closing the door on him. I just wiped out his Ps on my right flank with an element of Kn in GG. The game ends 5-2 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment