Posted on Sunday, March 6, 2022Last update

"Take out those lizards!" - Enhanced Celtiberians in HotT

I integrated my 10mm Celtiberians with some fantasy elements to use them in games of Hordes of the Things. I want my ancient armies to be as fantasy as they can when needed, and mythology is just here for the purpose.

With some giants, trolls and trusty deers from the great forests of their land, my scutarii and caetrati are ready to defend their territories against invaders much worst than the Romans.

This time, we went after my friend Alexander's Lizardmen: a colourful army with some nasty tricks on their side.

Nice battlefield cut in half by the river. Lizardmen defend their stronghold, but my Lurkers wait in the forest...


The superb Hordes of the enemy squeak and squawk waiting to overwhelm the human kin


My General oversees the situation from his position

After a couple turns, the enemy Flyers are behind my back and their terrible General on Carnosaur is in front of my General on horseback and his bodyguard

On my left flank, my Shooters and Beasts are ready to confront enemy Hordes. This side will be crucial to the end of the fight

My strong side however struggles to move toward the enemy. The Lizardmen mounted elements wait for the right time to proceed...


"Raaaaaargh!" [screams in Celtiberian]

Behemot charge! Enemy Beasts are taken out by the giants

After some recoiling, my General is crushed against the river (and eaten by the monster). The Magician tries to confront the Lizardmen General, but water defies his magic powers...

The Lizardmen Cleric charges against my Blades element. Hordes close the door on the flank: we tried to hold on on this side, but only my Beasts survived the enemy tide

Oh no! My Magician is ensorcelled! Although, nice tower

Lizardmen Hordes keep return from the stronghold

Last view on the battlefield! 6-4 and my General is lost. Nice game, we really suffered on the left side where my Blades couldn't reach any combat site

A nice battle indeed, even if we lost. I love HotT because you can field whatever you want with simple rules and a nice focus on your army and how you want to play it... the free spirit of the game is really a plus! Next time we'll be prepared...

No comments:

Post a Comment