Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2021Last update

Hi folks!

 Hi everyone! My name is Pietro, I'm from Verona, Italy, and I am a wargamer.

I started this blog, Amarok's Lair, on March 2020, because I wanted to share (and save on the net for future reference and eternal memory) the stunning hobby adventures for me and my partners in crime, Davide @grimbeorn and Michele @frontlineminaturist (you can found them and their work on Instagram by clicking on the links). We play different miniatures games: mainly Warhammer Fantasy Battles, also Mordheim and Warhammer 40.000 for the Games Workshop's background; on other fronts, we are historic miniatures players, over all with DBA 3.0 for ancient/medieval minis and Crossfire for WWII. We paint and play, mostly play but recently we got really hard into the hobby and paint like we never did, so we started this little blog project: hope it helps us in being steady with our favourite games.

This blog is the English version of our first idea: we started in Italian, because I'm not the best in writing in English. After a year I decided to give it a shot, so here we are. We are continuing our Italian version of the blog, but in here we will translate and post most of our stories, projects, photos and battle reports. If you ever have any issues or advice, please leave a comment: it will be appreciate.

Well, what else? Oh yeah: why the name? My nickname, Amarok, echoes the name of a beloved character of mine during one of our Warhammer Fantasy Battles, a Savage Orc Shaman which gave advice from the pure will of Gork... or maybe Mork? Whateves: it was great advice, full of glorious battles and devastating Waaagh! visions. Hopefully, you will see some of that on our posts, from now on.

See you soon!

Grimbeorn, Frontlineminiaturist, Amarok

No comments:

Post a Comment